Aluminum is everywhere. Aluminum is the only recyclable material that can be recycled an indefinite number of times without breaking down and it will still have the same quality properties as the first time it was created. It is also one of the easiest and fastest materials to recycle. Proof that the more we recycle, and use 100% recycled products like Eco-Foil®, the more of a difference we can make, every single day.
Did You Know? … Fun Facts About Recycling
- 37% of American households recycle … regularly
- In 2006, the nation recycled 82 million tons of household products.
- Aluminum is one of the easiest and fastest materials to recycle.
- Aluminum is the only material that is endlessly recyclable – without ever breaking down or compromising the quality of the metal.
- Aluminum begins to melt at a phenomenally high 1220 degrees Fahrenheit — purifying the metal of any impurities.
- Recycling not only transforms waste into valuable resources, but also benefits the environment by helping our air, water, and land stay cleaner.
- Every minute of everyday, an average of 105,800 aluminum cans are recycled.
- America recycled enough aluminum cans last year to stretch to the moon and back 8 times.
- The average American family consumes 182 gallons of soda, 29 gallons of juice, 104 gallons of milk and 26 gallons of bottled water per year … all of which are recyclable.
- Americans use 85,000,000 tons of paper a year: about 680 pounds per person.
So remember to recycle all your aluminum and plastic, every day – including aluminum pans, trays and foil, plastic bottles, bags and frozen food trays too!